Adolescent Services Home Page
The Adolescent Services website is a place where you will find some of the most current state and federal resources on services to foster care youth and former foster care youth. You will find information on:
- Regionally Focused Adolescent Services Provider training – where staff will develop the knowledge base and expertise in a variety of content areas including but not limited to permanency planning, youth engagement, utilization of Chaffee funds for education/vocational training, development of life skills for adolescents/young adults and development of intervention strategies.
- Education and Training Vouchers (ETV) - The Education and Training Voucher program will help youth aging out of foster care to make the transition to self-sufficiency and receive the education, training and services necessary to obtain employment. An Education and Training Voucher can be used to pay for many different college expenses.
- Education Initiatives - OCFS recognizes the important role that career planning and higher education play in helping youth in care make a successful transition to self-sufficiency. Over the years OCFS has developed critical partnerships with stakeholders that have resulted in the development of multiple strategies and initiatives to improve educational outcomes for youth in care.
- The OCFS Foster Care Youth Leadership Team called Youth in Progress (YIP) - YIP consists of youth in care across NYS. This page links to the YIP website which contains many resources for youth in care and their caseworkers.
- Online Resource materials - include OCFS Local Commissioners Memoranda, Administrative Directives and Information Letters, additional OCFS foster care related materials including handbooks, manuals, the Need to Know Series and other resource materials.